The summer is nearing and temperatures are starting to rise. If you’re in a coastal town, you might be dealing with the humid conditions as well.
It’s a great time to travel and enjoy the beach. But, it could also be a time to deal with health issues caused by heat, such as dehydration.
Your body can lose more water when you sweat a lot. This could trigger issues like headaches and heatstroke which you do not want to risk ruining your enjoyment. What can you do to continue your journey in the scorching heat? Drink plenty of water and drink lots of cold drinks.
Drinking summer beverages can not only keep you hydrated and cool however, they can also make summer more interesting and enjoyable. Here are some summer drinks you should try.
1. Fruit Slushies
Fruit slushies offer a lot of variety as you can choose your preferred flavor, such as watermelon-lime, cantaloupe-basil, and honeydew-ginger-mint. The refreshing flavors of shaved ice are perfect to combat the summer heat. Be sure to try at least one of these beverages this summer.
Ingredients (Watermelon-Lime Slushie)
- 1 watermelon (6-7 lbs).
- Simple syrup
- Half cup lime juice (from four limes)
- Lime zest (from 2 limes)
- Take the skin and seeds from your watermelon, and chop the watermelon into 2-inch pieces.
- Make simple syrup by boiling 2 tablespoons of sugar granulated and 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 cup water in an saucepan. Once boiled, let it simmer for approximately 2 to 3 mins
- Mix all ingredients, except for the melon, into the syrup. Allow it to cool.
- Strain this mixture into a cup or bowl
- Two batches of blend the simple syrup in your blender
- Additionally, you should now put the watermelon into the blender two times
- Then, place them in a square pan, cover and freeze for at most 8 hours
- To serve, use a fork to smash the ice into huge chunks
- These can be transferred to the glass.
2. Strawberry-Lemon Punch
If you’re in the market for refreshing drinks during the scorching summer days, strawberry-lemon punch never disappoints. You can either prepare the drink in large quantities or in small portions. You can chill this drink up to eight hours prior to serving it.
- Concentrate of pink lemonade frozen (1 pack)
- Ripe strawberries
- Cold water (6 1/4 cups)
- Ginger ale (1 quarter)
- Whole strawberries
- Then, pour the hulled strawberry mixture, 1 cup of water, and blend the lemonade concentrate in a blender. Process until you have an emulsified liquid
- The mixture must be transferred to an empty punch bowl
- Pour the remaining 1 1/4 cup of water into the bowl, and mix it up.
- Mix ginger ale with water and stir.
- Serve the punch with whole strawberries garnished.
3. Sparkling Thyme Lemonade
Are you looking for the most refreshing summer drinks to include in your next summer dinner menu? Sparkling thyme lemonade is an ideal alternative to lemonade.
- Sugar (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup water
- Fresh Thyme (6 springs)
- Fresh lemon juice (3/4 cup).
- Club soda (3 cups)
- Bourbon (optional)
- In a small saucepan mix sugar and water.
- Bring the water to a boil over moderate heat. Add the leaves of the thyme.
- Once the syrup is boiling, lower the heat and let the syrup simmer for approximately 4 minutes.
- Stir the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Let the mixture cool down and then take out the thyme leaves that were in the mixture
- After cooling, pour the syrup to a large container and add lemon juice
- Pour in all your club soda
- Serve lemonade sparkling with thyme and Bourbon over ice.4. Summer Party Punch
Summer beverages do not have to contain alcohol. What is the reason adults should be excluded from the fun of summer beverages? Party Punch is a summertime drink. Party Punch is a refreshing fruity drink that hydrates and rehydrates you during hot weather. This refreshing drink is packed with nutrients from healthy fruit choices.
- Star Anise (1)
- Caster sugar (1/2 cup)
- Water (1/3 cup)
- Pineapple juice (2 cups)
- 1 cup sparkling mineral water
- Raspberries (125g)
- Blueberries (120 grams)
- 100 grams of green grapes, seedless and unblemished (100 grams).
- Halved seedless red grapes (100 grams)
- Mangos peeled and cut into slices (1)
- Kiwi wedges, made from two kiwi fruits are cut and peeled.
- Sliced red apple (1 small)
- Fresh mint springs (1/4 cup)
- Ice cubes (for serving)
- Lemon slices (for serving)
- Place 1/2 cup sugar in an unassuming saucepan. Add 1/3 cup of water.
- Stir over medium heat until the sugar completely disintegrates (should not be more than 3 minutes)
- Mix all of the ingredients in a pan. Transfer the mixture to the bowl.
- You can also include sparkling mineral water or pineapple juice.
- Place your fruit and half of the mint and ice in a large jug.
- Mix the Party Punch in glasses and top with lemon slices and remaining mint.
5. Iced Coffee Mocha
Without a great cup of coffee, a list of summer drinks is incomplete. A perfect summer drink for coffee lovers This mocha with iced coffee is extremely easy to make.
- Coffee (1 tablespoon)
- Milk (4 cups or 1 Liter)
- Chocolate powder is a great snack (1/3 cup 80 grams).
- For serving for serving, chocolate curls, or chocolate flake
- Make use of a jug that is heatproof to put in your coffee, and 160 milliliters (2/3 cup0 hot water
- Stir the mixture until the coffee is completely dissolved.
- Then, pour in 125 ml (1/2 cup) cold water
- The coffee mixture should be poured into an ice cube tray. It should be filled to 12 holes.
- Place it in the freezer to freeze for at least 6 hours
- Pour the milk into the saucepan and cook at a low level.
- Mix the milk until hot (40 degrees Centigrade).
- Incorporate the chocolate powder
- Mix the ingredients until it dissolves the chocolate powder.
- To serve you can add ice cubes an empty glass.
- Pour the chocolate and milk powder mixture over the frozen
- Include chocolate curls or chips to your iced coffee mocha
There are many summer beverages to pick from, including fruits slushies, or punch for summer parties. An iced coffee mocha will satisfy your desire to get a quick fix of coffee however, you don’t need to drink a cup of espresso.